ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT DOES NOT START. NO SPARK TO THE PLUGS.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

gregchin

June, 30, 2013 AT 9:56 PM

Was running fine, pulled out of driveway, stalled out started backup chocked and spuddered. Engine lite came on. Got it back in the the driveway haven't started since. Engine lite code crankshaft position sensor and ignition coil. Put two coils in thinkin one was bad. Replaced cp sensor twice. First one got at Autozone> replace it with a Mopar cp sensor. Recently replaced new parts computer module, distriubutor, rotor and cap, spark plug wires. I even swapped out the ignition switch. All relays ok. Can't think of any thing else to swap out or change. My torque converter clutch is going but that should not have anything to do with getting power to my ignition coil, should it? The wiring seem to be ok. Hope you can HELP Thanks Greg C

hmac300

July, 1, 2013 AT 7:29 AM

Try wiggling the crank sensor connection and see if it starts, if it doesn replace connection. Make sure anti theft isn't engaged, try resetting it.

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet