Engine dies\stalls when clutch is pressed.

ARSH2111
  • 2005 OPEL CORSA
  • 14 MILES
Hello People,

Need urgent assistance !

I am having Opel Corsa SAIL 1.4. Now whenever I press the clutch to slow down the car or to shift down the gear, the engine shuts down. So far on mechanic advice I had the injector cleaned and serviced and throttle as well but still the problem exists.

Can anyone suggest what could be the possible reason behind this before I switch the mechanic.
Saturday, December 21st, 2013 AT 9:14 AM

FREEMBA
If you start the car in neutral (without pressing the gas pedal) does the engine idle properly or does it shut off?

Have your mechanic to check for vacuum leaks at all vacuum hoses, intake manifold, pcv hose, brake booster hose, etc.

If the "service engine" light is on, have the computer scanned for codes and post the results here.
Saturday, December 21st, 2013 AT 11:39 AM
ARSH2111
Hi Team,

Sorry for coming late on this.

From last 3 months this symptom was not noticed till today afternoon. While I was returning from market I again encountered the same problem. The engine unexpectedly went down at a signal when I pressed the clutch to come to neutral.

Also I have noticed that whenever this problem is observed, simultaneously the speedometer too stop working or just bounces. I feel that these are somewhere related to gear box. Correct me if wrong.

I had the air leaks checked and no issue was found.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
-1
Sunday, August 31st, 2014 AT 8:12 AM
JUBGERMANY
Change the EGR valve on the car. Main issue with these cars but first the mechanics will take you for your money and tell you its alot of other things first to make money. It works like this. German cars, or alot of cars take a bit of fumes and press it back in the engine to burn less gas. When this mechanism fails it lets too much gas in and chokes out the engine. Trust me, I spent 6 months and 5k on OPEL mechanics to learn all this. In the end I put 2+2 and figured it out.I asked opel and they would NOT give me my money back -_-
+1
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 AT 9:50 AM
KEN
Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site :)

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 AT 6:24 PM