Can you tell me what did this engine and transmission come from

ERNIE A
  • 99999
I have an engine and transmission the engine number is A3247584 it is a flathead four cylinder. The transmission number is A-7222-C. Can you tell me what vehicle these came out of?
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 8:35 PM

Nope. I assume you did a Google search already? Flat heads disappeared somewhere in the 1930's or 1940's. My best suggestion is to visit the people at one of the many old car show swap meets. To my knowledge, the biggest show in the nation is at Carlisle, PA. I was at their Mopar show in 1999. They have different featured brands throughout the summer. Different show every other weekend.

The second largest show is at Iola, WI. That is fifty five miles from me. I have been there every year for the last fifteen years, fixing and selling radios. That is the first weekend after the fourth of July. Same weekend as the Mopar show at Carlisle, darn it! We also have a really big show in Jefferson, WI. Twice a year, and a real lot of other much smaller shows. If you want to look at everything, it takes two days at Iola, and about a day and a half at Jefferson.

There is another big show I have been to in southern Georgia, but I do not remember the city or time of year.

If you think this could be a Ford engine, try to post a photo of it. I have a friend who does automotive upholstery, and he restores Model A's. He would be able to tell me if it is something he recognizes. He works with a bunch of old-timers too who might be able to help.
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 9:25 PM