Electrical

CHRIS ALVARADO
  • 2004 DODGE STRATUS
So my car starts if it is jumped. But will not without one. It will just make a clicking sound and eventually the battery drains out. Sometimes when I jump start the battery and turn off the car it will start. But then eventually the battery dies when I turn off the car. So is it just the battery that is bad or also something else. I do not have a check engine light on either so I do not know.
Sunday, June 4th, 2017 AT 8:54 AM

STEVE W.
Could be just a bad battery. Jump start it and take it to one of the parts stores that tests/replaces batteries. If it tests bad install a good one and then have the charging system load tested to be sure it was only a bad battery.
+1
Sunday, June 4th, 2017 AT 2:28 PM
JIS001
It does sound like the battery is failing. Remove the battery and have it tested. Most parts stores will charge and test the battery for you at no charge. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
+1
Sunday, June 4th, 2017 AT 2:32 PM