Electrical

Tiny
BILBO1967
  • MEMBER
  • 1997 MITSUBISHI SPACE WAGON
  • 100,000 MILES
I have just purchased the above car and there is a wire that runs directly from the battery to the radio, when disconnected I have no memory for my clock, radio and the central locking doesn't work, I also have to keep turning the ignition back and forth before it eventually starts. When wire is re-connected everything runs a lot better, except when radio is on as it appears to be draining other electrical components, but it doesn't however drain the battery. At first I thought that it might have been solenoid on battery for the starting problem, but a new starter motor means that it is still happening, and it appears to be caused by the wire that as been added directly to the radio, any ideas.
Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Saturday, May 18th, 2013 AT 2:32 AM

1 Reply

Tiny
KHLOW2008
  • EXPERT
Have the charging system tested.
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Saturday, May 18th, 2013 AT 2:05 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides