1994 Eagle Talon what all I need to do a trany swap from a

• 1994 EAGLE TALON

1994 Eagle Talon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

im in the military and a guy left me his 94 talon 1.8l auto tran non turbo I really dont want to keep it at an auto trany what will I need to swap it, in detail thanks

Saturday, December 20th, 2008 AT 8:37 PM

You didn't actually say it, but it sounds like you want to switch it over to a manual transmission, right?

Replace the dash board with one that has the framework to mount the clutch pedal.

Replace the dash wiring harness with one that uses a clutch switch.

Replace the center console with one with the mounting pad for the manual shifter.

Cobble a hole in the firewall for the clutch cable to pass through. Punch a drain hole on the left front floor for rain spray to drain out.

Replace the engine wiring harness with one that has the firewall plug that matches the new dash harness, and has no plug for the automatic transmission computer and neutral safety switch.

Replace the engine computer with one meant for a manual transmission. The connector pins are different and it will not be programmed to memorize transmission-related diagnostic fault codes.

Replace the transmission mount.

Replace the half shafts with ones with the correct splines and length.

Oh, and replace the transmission too.

They make cars at the factory that have manual transmissions in them already, and they look and work real nice. It would be a lot easier to just find one of them.

Saturday, April 11th, 2009 AT 12:16 AM