Door locks

LAURA JEAN MILLER-RIEVERT
  • 2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

I have the Laredo model and I am having problems with the door locks. The main door will unlocking and lock when I push it, but it will not unlock any of the other doors on the truck. I see everybody having problems with windows and door locks but mine is just the door locks not working for all the passenger doors. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what to check for?

Sunday, October 22nd, 2017 AT 2:26 PM

The first thing I would check is the switch itself. Check to see if power is being properly distributed from it. Also, check for broken or damaged wiring between the door and door frame. Keep in mind how many times the wiring moves there when you open and close the door.

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 AT 6:36 PM
CAMIM
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Trying to find out if my problem had been on recall. The issue is that I have had the following repaired twice and now it has occurred for the third time. The remote does not lock the car. When I try to lock it the inside lights remain on and the doors do not lock. All the buttons on the driver door do not work. I have to insert the key in the driver door to lock the door. However, the remote will lock the back ddors. The alarm light as well as the alarm will not activate. Windows can not be rolled up or down.

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 AT 7:43 PM (Merged)

Pull the rubber boot back and check for broken or frayed wires between the driver's door hinges. The wires typically break very near the door or the "A" pillar. The harness can be unbolted to make repairs easier.

BIG_DADDY656
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All of a sudden, the automatic door locks quit working except for the drivers door. At the same time, the passenger windows would no longer work and both of the keyless entry key-fobs also quit working.
Has anyone got any information regarding these problems? Is it possible that these issues are related and if so how?
I really need to get this fixed since this is my daughter's vehicle and the only way to lock the rear lift gate is with the automatic locks. She is leaving to go back to school very soon.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 AT 7:44 PM (Merged)

Check for bad grounds. Check the body control module.

SASSAFRAS
  • 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

I hit a large deep hole in the snow over this winter on the right side of my jeep, and now my power door locks door chimes entry lights (above or below) and radio quit working I took the right side of the dash apart, and didn't see any visible problems where do I go From here? On a fixed D A V income so any help would be greatly appreciated

Check things in pic and fuses maybe the fuse block has loose wires on rh side. Also check ground for doors then have scanned may be the remote module.