69 Dodge SRS

CHEVY4X4PLAY
  • 1969 DODGE TRUCK
I have a 69 dodge d100. 318 small block automatic tranny. The truck has been sitting for 10 years. It was parked because the starter relay solenoid (SRS) had went out. I just picked the truck up and installed a new SRS but couldnt even get the truck to try to start. Before trying all this I checked the plugs gasoline and engine to make sure nothing had crawled in there to prevent it from starting. I had bought a new battery as well. I had tried to bypass the SRS but doing so all I did was get the lights to work. What im trying to ask is if you can bypass the SRS and get the vehicle to run or if im looking past something that will prevent the vehicle from running. Thank you for any replys I can get
Sunday, August 12th, 2007 AT 9:15 PM

Battery voltage is it reaching the starter relay.

Does the starter has a solenoid if it does disconnect the S terminal --run a wire from the S term. Take it straight to the battery positive post-did the starter engage? If not recheck all battery cables at the starter and the battery all connections are good/battery is good-the starter went south bound.

If its a starter relay do the same thing with the S terminal.

Good Luck
Monday, August 13th, 2007 AT 5:00 AM