1995 Dodge 1500 possible timming?

EZSTRT
  • 1995 DODGE TRUCK
My truck will drive out fine but in idle or drive it will staight out stall, if I unplug the iag it runs better but still stalls, the other thing is sometimes the when starting it chugs really hard and stalls as soon as it starts and then it slears out some and starts easily but still stalls within a minute and if I give it some gas it revs to ab out 2000 with barely touching the peddal. Is it possible my timming chain is so loose it causes this problem? It has 124,000 on the od and I just put in a new fuel pump, plug, wires, cap, rotor, idle air controll valve, egr, and that little plug that goes into the brake booster, I was thinking maybe it was a vacume problem but after tested the vacume system is great, also the tps is great and map sensor working properly? Is it possible for the computor to be bad without sending a check engine signal? I can drive the truck but I keep my foot on the brake and the gas to keep it from stalling.

Help!

Jason
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 AT 9:39 PM

CARL CARLTON
My 1996 (5.2, 110,000 miles) had a similar problem- stalling when I let off the accelerator and wouldn't idle at stops. I drove with the two foot method for a year, then changed out the Idle Control Valve (about $40), that fixed the idle problem. Hope this helps.
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 9:07 AM