No heat

KPKANDIES
  • DODGE STRATUS
2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan 65,216 miles

I took my car to a repair shop to get the coolant flushed and the thermstat changed. Now the car has no heat. I called the place to let them know the car doesn't have any heat they told me to bring it back. When I drove the car back to the repair shop, the car over heated and we had the car towed in. The manager tould me that there was air in the system. Isn't that there problem to fix and how can you get an air pocket out the coolant system?
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006 AT 10:52 AM

PATRICK HURTEKANT
Make: Dodge Durango
Year: 2000
Problem: Have a small amount of heat coming out of the vents when I have it on the upper vents or floor vents only. When I put the control on defrost and defrost and floor the temperture in the vents only gets to 50 degrees. The engine temperture on the gage is normal around 200 degrees and the engine does not over heat. The inlet hose to the heater is hot but the outlet hose is luke warm. This problem happened when I had the water pump changed. I had the thermostat changed and it did not correct the problem.
Thursday, October 26th, 2006 AT 6:44 AM
BRUCE HUNT
#1 question: There are high spots in the cooling system that retain air unless they are bleed out. This should have been done by them. BUT, this would not cause your problem, it could cause other problems that are not serious. The might have installed the thermostat backwards, the thermostat could be defective, they could have spaced the job and not added enough coolant, etc. Either way no matter what they are responsible for the problem. Now I caution you to ask the question that besides getting it right will they stand behind the possible head problems due to hot engine that could cause head warpage or a head gasket to fail!

#2 question: I would look at the heater controls. It appears that the heat system is not functioning properly.
Wednesday, November 1st, 2006 AT 3:42 PM