2003 Dodge Stratus car cut off when heat is turned on and m

• 1 POST

2003 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115332 miles

When I cut my heat on my car shuts off then misfires. I have replaced three coil packs and plugs still misfires had no problem until my cable ground wire was split.

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 2:06 PM

Hello -

Okay - first I need to know more specifics on the model of your vehicle.

Is it a ES, RT, SE or SXT and is it a coupe or a sedan.

I also need your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

If I understand what you are saying. You are driving along normal. You turn your heater on. Fan speed can be off or on any position and the car shuts off and misfires.

Does it do this when you turn the AC on?

Why did you replace the coil packs and plugs. Did you do this because of the above?

What do you mean. My cable ground wire was split? The ground wire from your battery got to hot and split. What made it split.

Next, please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.

Let me know the above and we will see what we can do.

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 7:08 PM