No Heat

CALLAWAYGUY
  • 2001 DODGE STRATUS
Blower works, engine temp is normal, A/C works but when I turn on the heater, No heat. Also there is no smell from coolant when fan is on. I have a 2001 dodge stratus that only has the highest setting on the blower motor working and I have no heat. It is barely warm at all. I have changed the thermostat, radiator cap, the heater core hoses are both hot. I have removed the radio and the mixture damper is working great and the cable is in tact. Also I found a fuse called the iao fuse and it remembers all the vehicles settings. I removed it for 30 secs and then reinstalled and I could here the air conditioning flappers moving around and the air was moving around when I started the car after I reinstalled that fuse. So I am assuming the flappers are all in sync. I also take off the radiator cap and give it gas and the water shoots sky high so I would assume the water pump is fine. But yet I have very cool heat. Any other ideas where to check? Need a little help
Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 AT 6:09 PM

As far as the blower motor only working on high, replace the blower motor resistor. Now the heat issue is different. If the coolant blows out of the radiator, that tells me there is a head gasket problem which all make the heater not work due to exhaust gasses.

Here are 2 guides that will help us find the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/head-gasket-blown-test

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

If this checks out okay I would replace the mode door actuator diagrams below. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.
Saturday, December 8th, 2018 AT 2:11 PM (Merged)
SLRENO
Thanks for the guides I check the head gasket it was fine, the problem was the mode door actuator I had to get a new one for $56.00. All fixed! I love this site.
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers, Joe
MOGLIESBALOO
  • 2000 DODGE STRATUS
Heater problem
2000 Dodge Stratus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

please help me the heater will not work on levels 1 2 or 3 on ly works on 4 what do I have to do
The fix here is replace the blower motor resistor
MARKJANO
  • 1999 DODGE STRATUS
The temp gauge will heat up normally. After it gets to about 220 ( I am guessing) it lowers back to the normal position and then I have heat. Today, temp gauge showed normal with no heat in the cabin.
MERLIN2021
Check these two items, Thermostat, and heater core. Try warming the Vehicle, then carefully feel the heater hoses, are they both hot? If one is cooler than the other, You need to flush the core, or a replacement job on the heater core. Also if the system has a heat control valve on the heater hose, make sure it is working!
+3
CSTAHL80
  • 2001 DODGE STRATUS
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T with no heat except somewhat warm air on the right side of the defroster. I have checked the radiator fluid, back-flushed the heater core and had good flow both ways. The cables and exterior controls of the air selector and heat control move but no heat. Any ideas?
MERLIN2021
If both heater hoses comming from the heater core are hot, the blend door is NOT moving, if the inlet hose is hot but outlet is cold, the heater core needs flushing, or replacement. If both hoses are cold, check antifreeze level and thermostat, also rarley but known to happen is the impeller blades on the water pump disolve over time and may not be pumping enough.
FOXRACER1988
  • 1997 DODGE STRATUS
My heat in my car wont work it did before but now it wont work you turn the **** to turn it on and you can hear the switch kick on but the fan wont come on and blow out heat I have replace the fan motor but still wont work what could be the problem?
Check the fan relay and blower motor resister. Also, check to make sure there is power to the new motor. Check to make sure there is a good ground to the motor.