1998 Dodge Stratus

PAIGE12345
  • 1998 DODGE STRATUS
My car let me sit today. I felt like it was running out of gas but it has a full tank of gas. Then the check engine light came on and said misfire so we put a new cap and rotor on it and it still is running like its going to run out of gas now I know it has something to do with the fuel sym but I dont know what!
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 8:05 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Why do you think fuel system?

IF you do, check the fuel pressure to start.
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 8:27 PM
PAIGE12345
I was thinking it was the fuel sym cause it feels like its running out of gas. He just took all the injectors out and cleaned them and took fuel pump out and it comes on but no fuel comes out and we put that fuel pump in like 3 ms ago does that mean its the fuel pump?
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 8:48 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Here are my thoughts. The fuel filters must be replaced when a pump is done. Two reasons. One if will void the warranty on it if you didn't and two, it can kill a new pump if it is partially restricted.

So, assuming you did replace it, then the next thought is. What Brand. The ONLY chrysler fuel pump replacement I use is one from the dealer. I have had way too many failures with aftermarket and refuse to use them again.

So much for thoughts. Can you hear the pump run when the key is turned to the run postion from the off position. IF you aren't sure, put a funnel in the fuel tank filler neck to amplify the sound. Have someone else there while another turns the key. IF you hear it and have no fuel pressure, you likley need the pump.

IF you can't hear it, then you need to get to the connector to see of power is getting to the pump. IF power is there, then the pump is likley bad.
Friday, January 9th, 2009 AT 5:21 AM