2002 DODGE SRT-4 HARD SHIFTING (LOST 3RD OR HIG DRIVE GEAR

• Jamal
  • 2002 Dodge Srt-4

2002 Dodge Srt-4 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

About 8-9 months ago I noticed my check engine light come on. I never noticed something odd with my car so I just ignored it. Lately it has been getting worse and worse. At fist they was a big lurch when it downshifted into 2nd gear from a higher gear. I would put transmission leak fluid in and it would make it better. I have been having slippage with the car trying to get into gear in the morning for some time.

This morning I noticed it would not go into the final drive I believe. It revs high but won't allow me to go 65mp. Around 60 it's pretty high rpm. I am taking it in this weekend to be looked at. I'm just curios as to what more experienced people might say as to the problem with my car. It's definitely a transmission problems though. The engine has given me no problems.

On top of this the front brakes are very bad and my power steering has been out for around 5 months.

Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 1:25 PM