1992 Dodge Shadow car wont stay running

LINKIN2B
  • 1992 DODGE SHADOW
My dodge shadow was running just fine, had a little belt squeal a couple tiems a few day ago, I doubt it was related. But I went to move my car after driving freewaay for about 30 minutes it had only been sitting around an hour when I went to move it and when I went to make a uturn it died. I got it started again and as long as I hold the gas pedal down it stays running. But if I let off the gas it dies slowly no shakes or anything. Im thinking its the fuel filter but I cant seem to figure out how to get the out pipe removed from the current filter to replace it.
Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 1:27 PM

Hi:
Has the check engine light come on? It sounds like a throttle position sensor or an idle air control valve. One problem, without the check engine light to be sure, it is a guess. You may want to try having the computer scanned at a nationally recognized parts store. They will do, it for free and it will direct us.

Let me know what you find.

Monday, March 2nd, 2009 AT 5:49 PM