• Tiny
  • russknight13
  • Dodge Ram

I own an 04 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 4.7L V8. While doing an oil change I noticed a leak that appeared to be coming from a bolt next to the harmonic balancer, but after checking it out I realized that wasn't where it came from. A friend said that it might be leaking out of the harmonic balancer itself. Does it have a seal that might leak and/or how can I check to find out if it is in fact leaking?

Sunday, March 11th, 2007 AT 7:38 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • merlin2021
  • Expert
  • 17,583 posts

Yep! It's called the crankshaft seal! If you haven't done one on a Dodge. You are in for a real treat!

Was this
Sunday, March 11th, 2007 AT 9:41 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions