Dodge Shadow. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

DEMONBOY279
  • DODGE RAM

Ok I have a 1994 Dodge Shadow with a 2.5L Its has 98,000 miles on it.

So heres the story and problem.

I just recently purchased the car. And soon after my head gasket blew out. When I took the top half apart I realized I had to replace every gasket on the top and all the hoses because they were dried out majorly. So after cleaning up and replacing everything I found my vacuum hose diagram didnt show where one of the hoses on the throttle body goes to.

But anyways I dont have 1 hose hooked up (it was already broken off before I started) cant find where it goes. And the only way im hearing on how to put this car back in time is by lining a 0 up in the hole in the bell housing. Ive tried everything I can yet I cant get my car to even fire up. All she does is crank n crank.

What am I doing wrong? What are the possibilties. I badly need help on this.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2007 AT 9:18 PM

SERVICE WRITER

Post a pic of the hose and where the hose is coming from to start with.

Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 8:57 AM
DEMONBOY279

Ok I dont have a pic of as now but I can describe it and trry getting a pic later.

The throttle body has 3 hoses in ther front the middle one is down lower than the other 2. It is the one missing.

Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 5:54 PM
DEMONBOY279

Ill have some pics up tomorrow. Can you or anyone else send me a vacuum hose diagram? I got the one on the hood of my car but its not showing all the hoses

Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 8:16 PM
SERVICE WRITER

With FLex fuel:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_shadflex_1.jpg

W/O flex fuel:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_shadreg_1.jpg

Friday, May 11th, 2007 AT 5:56 AM
DEMONBOY279

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/73271_right_here_1.jpg

where the red line comes out of the throttle body is the hose i cant find. Its about a half inch to an inch below the 2 beside it

Friday, May 11th, 2007 AT 10:49 AM
SERVICE WRITER

Compare the drawing to your system and mark off each one that is listed and you have on the car. I would expect there will be one component left over not getting it's hose.

Friday, May 11th, 2007 AT 10:56 AM
DEMONBOY279

Ill try that again tomorrow I gotta work all day today.

I was tinkering with the timing again last night and it sounds closer but I dont think I can get it anymore lined up than I did. I had the #1 piston top dead center the bell housing mark was lined up and the distributer was lined up plus I had the crank hole top dead center. She sounded like she was huffing and puffing some but she still aint firing up.

Friday, May 11th, 2007 AT 11:03 AM
DWHITE

If you had the timing chain, or belt, off did you line up the marks on the cam gear with the crankshaft gear? Or you might still be off with the distributer. Are you sure the #1 piston was up on compression stroke and not up on exhaust stroke?

Friday, May 11th, 2007 AT 6:01 PM
DEMONBOY279

Im not 100% sure but after reworking some of my vacuum hoses today and spraying in some ether I did shoot a flame out the throttle body.

That would mean I had it on compression not exhaust wouldnt it?

She started firing a little but still wont run and wont always fire. Any more ideas? Because this is dryin me up

Saturday, May 12th, 2007 AT 1:02 PM
SERVICE WRITER

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_timmrk_1.jpg

Is this what you have-as mentioned by DWhite?

Double check plug wire routing, also

Saturday, May 12th, 2007 AT 3:36 PM
DEMONBOY279

Ok thanks for the advice I finally got her running. She has another problem though. When im going up a hill no matter how small it is she loses power and I have to shift from drive to second and sometimes first. I can put the pedal to the floor and she still loses alot of speed. And shes slow on take off. Any ideas?

Btw it wasnt the wires I just had to retime everything all over again abnd rerun a few vacuum lines and adjust a few things here n there.

Saturday, May 12th, 2007 AT 7:12 PM
SERVICE WRITER

Your welcome

Saturday, May 12th, 2007 AT 10:56 PM
DEMONBOY279

Anyone have any ideas on my last question?

Sunday, May 13th, 2007 AT 4:36 PM
DEMONBOY279

Could it possibly be from a clogged cat? Because mine seems a little clogged it dont hold back full force but she is glowing

Sunday, May 13th, 2007 AT 7:16 PM
SERVICE WRITER

It shouldn't be glowing. You can disconnect the exhaust and run it to see what kind of difference it makes, but sounds like you need to see if it is restricted or too much fuel is getting dumped into it.

Sunday, May 13th, 2007 AT 8:53 PM
DEMONBOY279

Ok I just realized I dont have a pcv valve. I dont know how thgat happened but its gone. And I read. Rough Engine Idle: A PCV valve that does not close properly will directly affect the air/fuel mixture supplied by the carburetor. This can result in a rough idle and hesitation.

So if one is completely missing it would do the same correct?

She idles really rough and hesitates alot as ive stated already. And if shes burning rich that would cause the exhaust manifold and cat to over heat right?

Sunday, May 13th, 2007 AT 10:06 PM
SERVICE WRITER

Sure, a large vacuum leak will change the air/ fuel mix and cause drivabilty problems that is monitored with inputs to the computer.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Monday, May 14th, 2007 AT 5:45 AM
DEMONBOY279

WHat else should I be looking into that could make it burn rich?

Shouldnt it be throwing a CEL?

Monday, May 14th, 2007 AT 11:52 AM