2002 Dodge Ram misfire

DLCHIPPS
  • 2002 DODGE RAM

2002 Dodge Ram V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

ive got a 2002 dodge ram 1500 slt w/4.7L engine. I am getting a misfire on the #6 & #8 cylinder. I have changed the plugs with bosch platinum 4 (all 8) and have also changed all 8 coil packs and am still getting a misfire. I pulled out those 2 plugs again and there is a carbon buildup on both. I also checked the others and they seem to be clean. Any ideas on what else to look for

Wednesday, May 21st, 2008 AT 11:10 PM

Check the compression and injector for those cylinders

Misfires can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel

Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 AT 2:46 AM
JMCGILL1972

I am having the same issue as well and nothing seems to work to fix the problem. New Plugs, coils, air filter, clean the throttle body and still the engine revs 400-800 RPMs while in Park and when driving over 50MPH. This is driving me nuts. Anyone have suggestions?

Friday, July 18th, 2008 AT 5:59 PM