ENGINE RUNNING ROUGH...

2002 Dodge Ram

edwardomad

April, 11, 2009 AT 2:41 PM

2002 Dodge Ram V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70,120 miles

I have a question. Yesterday I was driving my dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter with 70,000 miles (was running fine) then at a red light something happened I noticed that when I accelerated it would vibrate and run a lil rough, The engine light came on I took it to a auto zone and the code it was reading was cylinder misfire detected in number 3. Possible causes are vacuum leak, injector fault or high/ low fuel pressure? I feel like the fuel pressure is fine, It's not that kind of hesitation. I took out all the spark plugs and changed them out with new Bosch platinum 4 because they didn't have the one's recommended by the dealer.. It's still doing the same thing when I test drove it.I checked all of the springs inside the boots that attached to the spark plug and they looked fine. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Eddie

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

edwardomad

April, 11, 2009 AT 6:13 PM

I finally found the problem, It was a faulty coil spring or housing. Replaced that and it runs awesome again.