DIES, WON'T IDLE

2001 Dodge Ram

jaybjordan

February, 13, 2007 AT 8:19 PM

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram with 99,000 miles with a manual transmission. It started cutting out and stalling. It would sometime be hard to start like it was not getting any gas after it stalled and sometimes would not hold an idle once it starts, but after a few minutes it would. I replaced the fuel pump and not much change. Sometimes it will start, but then it won't hold an idle. Then sometimes it won't start, like it's not getting any fuel. Sometimes it will be running fine, then when you let off the gas, it dies. It will usually start back up, but it may or may not hold an idle.

Dies On Idle

February, 14, 2007 AT 1:06 AM

Try the EGR system N PCV valve-or an idle speed control/idle air control valve. Or Throttle psoition sensor.

bundy

March, 29, 2007 AT 1:13 PM

I have same vehicle that did the same. I changed the IAC valve and that solved it.

jaybjordan

March, 29, 2007 AT 2:28 PM

Turned out to be a bad coild wire. When it was cold and little to no humidity in the air, it ran fine, but when it warmed up it wouldn't run well. Replacing the coil wire fixed it, but I also replaced the other spark plug wires, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor (both fairly warn). Running better then ever now and a knocking that I would get when climbing or hard acceleration is gone.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement