2000 Dodge Ram Help Needed ASAP

GSX-RTOM
  • 2000 DODGE RAM
Engine stalls and sometimes dies. When it dies it sometimes starts right up and other times is won't start for a day. Performed fuel pressure test. Fuel pressure at 4 pounds so replaced intank fuel pump. Took it to a mechanic and he diagnosed the fuel injection pump to be bad. I replaced the fuel injection pump but it did not fix the problem. Driving the truck the other day all guages in dash of truck went dead but came back on. Trouble codes P1608 and P0381. No CCD messages from TCM.
No transmission bus codes. Any help would be appreciated.
Sunday, October 11th, 2009 AT 7:03 PM

CH112063
I would try this. I would look at the specific wiring schematic for your interior cluster power or ground. I would head back to the fuse panel(interior) or the Body control Module, and see if the side of the fused cluster, that feeds that section of the fuse box, heads anywhere to an intersection where the PCM gets any feed. And also follow the ground circuit to see if there is any other point of intersection that could be interupting the BCM or PCM ground, power in a common area. This seems to be a wiring intermittant open in either circuit or splice area.
I think the truck deserves a Dodge scan and their schematic sheets(readily available) experience, and possibly any inside parts or service information. Ok
The in tank low pressure pump may be having communication problems with it's relay ground source(PCM).
Wrap the hose for the in-tank pressure guage through the back of the hood under your wiper blade(careful) to see if you lose pressure and power a few seconds later or less. If the OBDII is not emmissions related their(Chryslers) codes show up on the DRBIII. A big time 6 grand computer. Also if you can find the problem with it shutting off, a second problem may exist now or soon, if it is wiring and not a PCM or input sensor problem. Ok joe
Monday, October 12th, 2009 AT 11:57 PM