1992 Dodge Ram no fuel pressure

ERNEST CRAWLEY
  • 1992 DODGE RAM
The following parts have been replace
1. Pick up coil
2. Fuel filter
3. Fuel pump ( 2nd fuel pump )
4. Crank shaft position sensor
5. Wire harness
6. Auto shutdown
7. Fuel pump relay
8. Fuel pressure regulator
9. There are know dtc code
10. New fuel cap
ENGINE INFORMATIOM
1. 318 ENGINE
2. B250 3/4 TON
3. VIN # 2b6hb21y3nk163491

my mech put on a fuel pressure gauge let me use it for the weekend van stop running zero fuel pressure tryed to start van zero fuel fuel pressure
20min later fuel pressure at 40psi van started drove 46 miles home pull in drive way at home engine stop running no fuel pressure 30min later fuel pressure at 40psi van started right up just can hear motor running

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY VAN LOOKING FOR SOME HELP
Friday, November 14th, 2008 AT 12:10 AM

IMPALASS
Hello -

Has he preformed any checks on the Engine Control Module? This is what it controls

OPERATION

As input signals to the engine controller change, the engine controller adjusts its response to the output devices. For example, the engine controller must calculate a different injector pulse width and ignition timing for idle than it does for wide open throttle (WOT). There are several different modes of operation that determine how the engine controller responds to the various input signals.

OPEN AND CLOSED LOOP MODES OF OPERATION

Modes of Operation are of two different types. Open Loop and Closed Loop.
" During Open Loop modes, the engine controller receives input signals and responds only according to preset engine controller programming. Input from the oxygen (02) sensor is not monitored during Open Loop modes.
" During Closed Loop modes, the engine controller will monitor the oxygen (02) sensor input. This input indicates to the engine controller whether or not the calculated injector pulse width results in the ideal air-fuel ratio. This ratio is 14.7 parts air-to-i part fuel. By monitoring the exhaust oxygen content through the 02 sensor, the engine controller can fine tune the injector pulse width. This is done to achieve optimum fuel economy combined with low emission engine performance.
MODES OF OPERATION

The fuel injection system has the following modes of operation:
" Ignition switch ON
" Engine start-up (crank)
" Engine warm-up
" Idle
" Cruise
" Acceleration
" Deceleration
" Wide open throttle (WOT)
" Ignition switch OFF
The ignition switch On, engine start-up (crank), engine warm-up, acceleration, deceleration, and wide open throttle modes are Open Loop modes. The idle and cruise modes, (with the engine at operating temperature) are Closed Loop modes.
Thanks for the donation
Friday, November 14th, 2008 AT 12:38 AM