Engine lacks horsepower

TOBY COOPER
  • DODGE NEON
Ive got a 95 dodge neon mileage is 120,000 ive turned it into a race car and it had all kinds of power but the catalyic converter clogged up and it got cherry red so I took off the exhuast and now the engine shakes viguriously and you have to put it to the floor to get it to go I ve change the plugs air filter and fuel filter and nothing but as it idles it tries to smooth out but starts shaking again and it keeps fouling out the plugs excessive oil on plugs it also has an o2 censor in front and behind the catalyic converter if you can help me I promise I will donate it has a 2.0 sohc with a 5 speed your help greatly appreaciated
Tuesday, June 5th, 2007 AT 6:23 PM

E40WATER12
Whats happening Is u need youre Cat on there, I would guess you got a check engine light on. Of course youre plugs are gonna be fouled, Youre engine doesnt know what kind of mixture it wants to run at, So fuel basically, just basically, causing more carbon to build up in youre motor, Also I would get a High Flow Cat. That should correct youre problems.

Good Luck
Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 AT 3:36 AM