Blowing fuel pump fuse

BRIAN3066
  • DODGE NEON
I have a 1995 neon and the little 20amp fuse keeps blowing could it be the fuel pump itself or is it a wireing problem please help thanks brian
Saturday, December 9th, 2006 AT 1:42 PM

BACKYARDMECHANIC
If the fuse blows as soon as you replace it with the car off then its the wiring. If the fuse blows when you turn the key on then I would suspect the pump. Try and wiggle the wiring harness for the fuel pump and see if the fuse blows. If it does then the wiring harness is shorted some where. To further check that its the pump see if you can disconnect the harness to the pump at the tank and then turn the key on. If the fuse holds then plug the harness back in and see if the fuse blows. If it does then the pumps bad. Hope this helps. Backyard mechanic :)
Saturday, December 9th, 2006 AT 7:27 PM
BRIAN3066
Thanks but its not the pump I changed it and ran new wire from the pump harness to just under the dash before the wires went into 2 diff baxes one was a little black conector the other was going to a a bigger silver box I believe could one of those be gone I changed the fuse box under the hood and also the computer there are just to live wires and 2 grounds the grounds go to the trunk and they are good im still looking should I change those 2 conector things thanks brian
Sunday, December 10th, 2006 AT 12:43 PM