2001 Dodge Neon wont start

POULTER5
  • 2001 DODGE NEON
01 neon wont start, no noise when key is turned when attempting to start. All gauges and lights work EXCEPT radio. All fuses have been checked, starter replaced, battery replaced, ignition switch replaced, starter relay replaced. Battery has a charge and starter has power as it has given spark. When the key is turned all the way to start the car, there is nothing, no noise what so ever, and no dimming of the lights.
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 AT 8:54 AM

Check fuse no.9 30amp if okay -the computer is not grounding the starter relay
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 AT 9:25 AM
Hello, did you try cranking in neutral? Did you check the circuits at the starter relay? Two of those terminals should be hot, with the key in the crank position. Unplug relay, use testlite on terminals. If that checks out, check the ground for the coil side of relay, the pcm may ground that circuit, I don't know if that is part of the theft or trans select issue?
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 AT 9:28 AM
POULTER5
I just ran outside. The #9 fuse is fine. Also while I was out there I noticed the interior chime (like when you leave your key in the ignition when the door is open). When I press on the break it stopped, and all the lights go out on the dash as well, when I let go of the break it chimed and the lights on the dash came back. Also when I turned on the headlights the chimming stopped but with the headlights off it chimed. I pulled the #13 fuse and the chimming stopped.
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 AT 10:10 AM
POULTER5
Yes, I did try cranking it in neutral, as well as every other position. I have not checked the circuits, I do not have a volt reader or testlite.
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 AT 10:14 AM