2001 Dodge Neon Engine

PINGUAS_12
  • 2001 DODGE NEON
I took my car in about a week ago because my car started jerking back and forth. I called the mechanic and asked me if my car was overheating and I told him no but I was low on coolant. He told me to put water in my and take it in. So I did what he advised me to do. I took my car in and he said that the radiator had a leak and that I needed a new radiator a new thermostat and I needed to flush out my coolant with proper coolant. So I told the mechanic to fix the problem and he did so. I drove my car today and it's only been the 2nd time that I drove it. I was driving on the freeway to exit and all of a sudden the car started doing the samething as it did before. The engine light popped up and I had to pull over to the side of the rode to turn off my car. It seems like the mechanic didn't fix the problem. What it wrong with my car and can I get my money back from the mechanic?
Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 AT 3:29 PM

ROB2008
As for the car jerking back and forth, I'd suspect the o2 sensor or new fuel filter. First get a scan done on the car because the check engine light means something. (Autozone will hook it up to a scanner free) Getting the scan done might not tell you exactly what's wrong with it, but it will point you in the right direction. As for getting your money back from a mechanic. I doubt you can. But you can always ask.
Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 AT 3:48 PM