1998 Dodge Neon car stalls when it gets hot

DAVE166
  • 1998 DODGE NEON
My car runs grate as long as the ambint air temp. Stays below 60 or 70 deg. F. When the temp. Gets hotter than 70 deg. F it will run15 to 20 miles and it will shut of. I cost to to the side of the road and take a 20 min nap and it will start up and run fine till it gets to hot and it stals and so no. Its not over heating. Ferther more I changed the compleat motor all sensors inc. The puoublum is still their. I all so changed the coumputer.I have a spair parts car. Any imput would be gratly appreashed. Is a grate winter car lol.
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 AT 7:12 PM

Next time hot or cold when it refuses to start don't wait do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 11:46 AM