1997 Dodge Neon fuel pump?Help!

NEON GIRLY
  • 1997 DODGE NEON
I have a dodge neon highline dohc 1997. When I push on the gas pedal it wants stall or act like its not getting any fuel. We have change the fuel pump three times, the coil and the alternator. The last fuel pump didn't even last a week.
oh ah if this help it just started becoming hard to start. When I turn the key over it dosn'tstart up quick like it use too. This started in the last week I assume it has some thing to do with the fuel prodlem.I also had tune up done. Please help I don't know where to look on!
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 4:45 PM

Check the fuel pressure amd make sure its within specs-If so check the throttle position and manifold absolute pressure sensors
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 6:16 PM
NEON GIRLY
Hi thank you for your help.I check the pressure and it was within the specs.I also check fuses and electrical running to the pump, also replaced a relay switch. Im waiting on a new fuel pump. Oh sorry all the fuses electric running to it is also reading fine. Is there any I else I can do or check while im waiting for the pump to come in?Thank you for time
Sunday, June 21st, 2009 AT 11:33 PM
Do you have a check engine light and when was the last tune-up?

The fuel pressure is okay why are you replacing the fuel pump?
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 4:52 AM
NEON GIRLY
The fuel pump went out agian and this is the now the fourth one I have replace on my car. So im guessing some else is causing the pump to keep going out. That why I have replace the relay swicth, the cam sensor, coil, I done a check on the electric running to the pump and every thing seems fine, I was just wondering if there is anything else I can check before my new pump comes in?I have check everything I can think of. Sorry for the last post I really stressing about this fuel pump. This car is my family only transportation right now. Thank you for help u guys are great.
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 5:57 PM
Do a voltage drop on the fuel pump circuit-inspect wiring/connector/relay/ ground should not exceed 1.5volts
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 6:45 PM