NOT STARTING

1995 Dodge Neon

aikenbiggdogg

March, 24, 2009 AT 5:16 PM

1995 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 250458 miles

hi I have a 1995 dodge neon. The problem I am having with it is that it won't start. Before it quit running when I would press the accelerator it would bogg down and back fire a little. Then I went out to go to work one day last week and it wouldn't start. I was told that it was my coil pack. So I replaced it. Still nothing. I then replaced the plugs and wires and also the fuel filter and still nothing. I am also being told that it could be the fuel pump cam sensor or it jumped timing. Do you have a clue as to what could be causing my problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Barron koon jr

BMRFIXIT

March, 24, 2009 AT 8:13 PM

With the mileage you have every thing is possible
fuel pump ,timing belt, and so on
have to start by checking
checking list :
check fuses
check for spark
check for fuel and fuel pressure
check timing belt
NOT SURE how to do it visit or video page @

http://www.2carpros.com/video.htm
let me know

aikenbiggdogg

March, 25, 2009 AT 4:37 PM

Thank you for the information. I have checked for spark and it has spark. I checked the fuses and they all look good. I will check the timing belt and the fuel pressure and fuel pump to see if that is the problem. Thank you for your time. Barron koon jr

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang