2005 DODGE MAGNUM ELECTRICAL/AC PROBLEMS

• mbates
  • 2005 Dodge Magnum

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SE 2.7L V6 with apprx 71,000 miles on it. Since I bought it used in April 2006, I have replaced the battery three times. Since I replaced the third battery, the red passenger airbag light has stayed on. That same day, the air conditioner stopped working. The AC light comes on and I hear the relay switch click on, but the blower won't come on. I tested the fan motor and it works, but the plug going into the motor has no fire. My car is no longer under warranty, so I want to repair it myself if possible. I have a second question that I want to add here, too. When I slow down, the transmission downshifts too hard, when you shouldn't feel it shift at all. This is my wife's car, so I really need that AC to work during these hot summer months since she always has the kids. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thursday, June 7th, 2007 AT 11:21 PM

• Jack42

First we need to find the draw that is killing the batteries. Sounds like some kind of problem with the BCM (Body Control Module). You will need a test light for this. Also might want to try the link at bottom of main forum page to repair manuals, goes to Mitchell On Demand, I have same software. Might help if we can see same diagrams. Get test light and PM me back

Friday, June 8th, 2007 AT 8:15 AM