ELECTRICAL/AC PROBLEMS

2005 Dodge Magnum

mbates

June, 7, 2007 AT 11:21 PM

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SE 2.7L V6 with apprx 71,000 miles on it. Since I bought it used in April 2006, I have replaced the battery three times. Since I replaced the third battery, the red passenger airbag light has stayed on. That same day, the air conditioner stopped working. The AC light comes on and I hear the relay switch click on, but the blower won't come on. I tested the fan motor and it works, but the plug going into the motor has no fire. My car is no longer under warranty, so I want to repair it myself if possible. I have a second question that I want to add here, too. When I slow down, the transmission downshifts too hard, when you shouldn't feel it shift at all. This is my wife's car, so I really need that AC to work during these hot summer months since she always has the kids. Any help will be much appreciated!

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

Jack42

June, 8, 2007 AT 8:15 AM

First we need to find the draw that is killing the batteries. Sounds like some kind of problem with the BCM (Body Control Module). You will need a test light for this. Also might want to try the link at bottom of main forum page to repair manuals, goes to Mitchell On Demand, I have same software. Might help if we can see same diagrams. Get test light and PM me back

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement