2000 Dodge Intrepid

TRACEYMILLS737
  • 2000 DODGE INTREPID
While driving my car, it shuts off. There are no warning signs. Initially Pepboys because it was close by and they said it was the battery.I paid $195 for that and oil change, etc. A week later it cut off again. I took it Dodge and they were unable to duplicate the problem. There is no check engine light. I took my brother's mechanic. He has replace the radiator fans, alternator and hoses. Which was a total of approx. 1, 200. Just yesterday it stopped while traveling on 295 N. No one is able to assist me yet, I am spending more money for an ongoing problem. Now I am without a car. The mechanic says the problem could be crankshaft or cam sensor which will be $180. HELP!
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 10:59 PM

Actually, the crank sensor sounds more logical than any of the other items replaced. When the engine dies, does it start right back up for you?
Thursday, October 7th, 2010 AT 7:23 AM
TRACEYMILLS737
Yes it starts back up within a few minutes.
Thursday, October 7th, 2010 AT 8:45 AM
It does sound like a crank sensor. Has the check engine light come on? During the few minutes it doesn't restart, have you ever checked to see if the engine is getting spark?
Thursday, October 7th, 2010 AT 9:44 PM