1997 Dodge Intrepid Blown head

SIM181
  • 1997 DODGE INTREPID
I was wonder what the fair cost would be to replace the head gasket?II have been having troubles with the cooling system since I brought it used, I replaced the water pump first, it worked for a year then it started to over heat again. It turned out one of the fans were shot so I replaced the fans, then it worked for another year and the car started to overheat again, from where the leak is coming from it looks like the head gasket, I am debateing on doing it myself which I know will save money but from what I remember about fixing the water pump it can be a pain, or having a service shop fix it. The last shop I took it to between the water pump getting fixed and replacing the fans, said they had no idea why it was over heating.
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 3:47 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

If you have a garage do it you are looking at about $1,500+. I say this because it would be smart since the engine has to be torn down that far you should have the timing components replaced, along with the water pump even if it is 2 years old. I honestly won't do head gaskets unless I replace those components.

So, if you decide to atempt the repair let us know and we will help with getting the job done. We have diagrams we can post for you.

.
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 3:58 PM