NEW BATTERY KEEPS DYING

1991 Dodge Dynasty

Dwriter

February, 6, 2009 AT 11:19 AM

1991 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Automatic 85,000 miles

Just purchased this car. Bought new battery, ran fine for about a week when I was driving 40 miles a day. Once I was no longer doing that and it sat in the driveway in arctic-like temperatures, it gave that dreaded " clicking" noise when I tried to start it after not driving it while we were snowed for a few days.

I had it jumped by my emergency assistance people and it was fine for 3 days. I drove it around town or started it up. I made certain the driver door closed completely (I had thought that might have been the problem, causing the floor lights to stay on and drain the battery). Yesterday it made the same clicking sound.

What steps should I take to get this diagnosed? I am on a severely restricted budget, so just taking it to a garage and letting them go at it isn't an option. I need a list of things a friend who works on cars can do for me. Help! I need reliable transportation!

February, 6, 2009 AT 11:52 AM

Get the battery and alternator load tested if okay could be a short circuit within the electrical sysytem that's draining the battery overnite.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement