POSSIBLE SUV BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

Dodge Durango

mweimer77

April, 21, 2007 AT 4:46 PM

I own a 1998 Dodge Durango, 5.2L, 4X4 with approximately 131,000 miles. Recently my truck would not start. I was told by a tow truck driver that my battery terminals were excessively corroded. He jumped started the battery and the truck started. Later I cleaned off the terminals, jumped started the truck and drove it for about 10 miles, 40 minutes to recharge the battery as there was no power at all prior to jump starting the truck. After returning home I shut off the truck, waited about 10 minutes and restarted the truck successfully. This was yesterday. Today I get in the truck and it will not start, it just makes a clicking noise. The battery is about a year and a half old and as far as I can remember the alternator has never been replaced (I bought the truck used with about 50,000 miles in 2001). Could the problem be with the battery or the alternator?

My Alternator Quit Charging

Charging System Trouble

April, 22, 2007 AT 8:04 PM

Have the battery and alternator load tested this will tell who's who is not doing its job.

Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty