2001 Dodge Durango service 4WD light and 4WD doesn't engage

LUCKY4DAWG
  • 2001 DODGE DURANGO
I was trying to change a fuse for the trailer lights. I had the truck running and engaged in 4wd lo. I pulled the 4x4 fuse (under the hood) by accident before I found the right one. When I got back in the car the Service 4wd light was on and the 4wd switch was not lit anymore.

Did I zap the TCCM or do you think I can just reset by taking postive off battery for 15 min?
Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

RACEFAN966
I don't find a reset for the TCCM but I don't think you zapped it either. I think it set a code because it was locked in and the fuse was pulled. Now what you may need to do is have it scanned and retrieve the codes and have them cleared. First if you would pull fuse A (20amp) from the power distribution box for 30 seconds or so with key off this will clear the TCCM memory and may fix you issues. Get back to me and let me know if this worked or not.
-1
Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 10:46 AM
LUCKY4DAWG
Is Fuse A, the same as the fuse labeled 4 x4?
Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 12:42 PM
RACEFAN966
It don't tell me that. It just say's fuse A and that is in the underhood fuse/relay box on the left (drivers) side inner fender, and that it is 20 amp. Does your owners manual shed any light on it? If it helps the wire going to it is light blue with a red stripe.
-1
Friday, January 8th, 2010 AT 10:06 AM