Here is the info you requested
Removal & Installation
Remove heater assembly from vehicle. See HEATER ASSEMBLY. Disable heater assembly and remove heater core. To install, reverse removal procedure.
Removal & Installation (Dakota & Durango)
Tips Click a link to view tip
Tech1 Tip: HEATER BOX REMOVAL
4th stud is located to immediate right of Trans Dipstick BEHIND fireproof material. This is also above and to the right of the Evap Core Drain. (shorter than other 3).
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove instrument panel. See INSTRUMENT PANEL.
2. In engine compartment, disconnect heater hoses and plug all openings. Remove 4 heater assembly nuts from engine compartment firewall. Inside vehicle, remove heater assembly support brace screw, and swing support brace out of way. See Fig. 9. Move passenger seat rearward.
3. Carefully pull heater assembly rearward until studs and heater core tubes clear firewall. See Fig. 9. Lower heater assembly. Remove heater assembly from vehicle.
4. Place heater assembly on work bench with assembly housing cover facing down. Remove 2 bolts securing heater assembly housing cover to blower motor housing cover. Unplug vacuum harness connector from panel/defrost door actuator.
5. Remove floor duct from heater assembly housing. Remove 2 bolts securing heater assembly housing cover to lower housing near floor outlet. Turn assembly over. Disengage vacuum harness retainer and vacuum harness. Remove 13 screws securing housing cover.
6. Remove blend-air door lever. Gently pry panel-defrost door lever off. Pull up on heater assembly housing cover far enough to separate cover sealant and remove cover.
7. Ensure blower motor housing cover sealant is in place and in good condition. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. See Fig. 9.
Removal & Installation (Dakota & Durango)
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Disable air bag system. See AIR BAG SYSTEM SAFETY article in GENERAL SERVICING. Place front wheels in straight-ahead position. Remove door sill trim from both doorways. Remove kick panel covers from both sides of vehicle. Remove mounting bolts for hood release handle. Remove knee bolster.
2. Remove steering column trim panel and support bracket. If equipped, remove tilt steering column lever. Remove upper and lower shrouds from steering column. Disconnect driver's side air bag module. Loosen multifunction switch wiring harness connector screw and disconnect from switch. Screw will remain in connector.
3. Disconnect PRNDL cable. Disconnect shift cable from steering column. Remove steering coupler lock pin. Remove toe plate retaining bolts. Remove steering column mounting bolts and remove steering column from vehicle.
4. Remove screw from bulkhead wiring harness connector and disconnect. Disconnect 2 body wiring harness connectors, located next to bulkhead connector. Disconnect 3 wiring harness connectors, located nearest to dash panel junction block. Disconnect brake light switch. If equipped, disconnect Rear Wheel Anti-Lock (RWAL) brake module, located near steering column support brackets.
5. Disconnect plastic retainer clip from parking brake linkage rod, located at back of parking brake release handle. Remove rod end from parking brake handle. Remove instrument panel center support bracket. Unplug vacuum harness connector located at left end of heater assembly housing. Disconnect Air Bag Control Module (ACM) connector.
6. Remove glove box. Reach through glove box opening and disconnect antenna coaxial cable. Disconnect blower motor connector located above glove box opening, near support brace for heater assembly housing. Disconnect radio ground strap. Loosen instrument panel roll-down bracket bolts about 2 turns (bolts are located at lower corners, on both sides of instrument panel). See Fig. 15. Remove 5 bolts across top of dash panel, at base of windshield, removing center screw last.
7. Roll down instrument panel and install a temporary support hook that is about 18" (457 mm) in length. Install hook from center hole in instrument panel to center hole of dash panel. Pull lower instrument panel outward until both roll-down bracket bolts are in slotted roll-down pivot position. See Fig. 15. Instrument panel should now be supported and away from firewall.
8. Disconnect 2 body wiring harness connectors, located on a bracket near right end of instrument panel. Disconnect blower motor resistor. Disconnect temperature control cable from heater assembly housing and remove from housing. Disconnect defrost duct flexible hose from heater assembly housing.
9. Ensure all electrical and vacuum connectors are disconnected and instrument panel is free and clear for removal. With the aid of an assistant, remove temporary support hook. Lift instrument panel off of roll-down bracket bolts and remove from vehicle. See Fig. 15.
10. To install, reverse removal procedure. See Fig. 15. Ensure all wiring and hoses are clear and not pinched. Adjusting temperature control cable. See TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE under ADJUSTMENTS. Tighten bolts and nuts to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. Enable air bag system. See AIR BAG SYSTEM SAFETY article in GENERAL SERVICING.
Saturday, January 9th, 2010 AT 7:29 PM