ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1965 DODGE DART V8 TWO...

1965 Dodge Dart

olddman

June, 3, 2009 AT 6:13 PM

1965 Dodge Dart V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a Comando 273 in my Dart. It has mechanical lifters, and they are making a lot of noise! I have tried adjusting them, intake at.13 and exhaust at.21. However when I drive the car, the lifters seem to make a heck of a lot of noise. This weekend I was on the highway and they were really chatering. I tried to adjust them with the engine running, but had to just warm the engine up, pull the spark plugs, and turn the engine over until the valve was in adjustment position. One thing I noticed was that there wasn't any oil splashing around when I tried to adjust them with the engine running. My oil pressure guage reads 50 p.S.I. When at idle, about 60 p.S.I. When driving. Shouldn't oil be pumping out when I was trying to adjust the lifters with the engine running? What could the problem be?

June, 3, 2009 AT 6:24 PM

Something is preventing the oil on making it to the upper end-could be oil galleries clogged-up etc You should see oil up there anytime the engine is running.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150