2001 Dodge Dakota plug wires

2000CHEVYMAN
  • 2001 DODGE DAKOTA
Curious to if anyone knows what is the resistance supposed to be for the plug wires, because the check engine light is on saying there is a misfire in one of my cylinders again. I have already replaced all the wires, spark plugs, and distribitor cap once, and the timing is correct as well. Just curious so I can check the wires to check and see if they are working correctly or not.
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 9:33 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

If I am not mistaken I believe it is 1000 ohms per inch.

Is it the same cylinder misfiring?

Other causes of a misfire.

A weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.
_________________
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 9:53 PM
2000CHEVYMAN
No its not the same cylinder and when I replaced everything my check engine light has been off for about 8 or 9 months now and has just recently come back on with another cylinder misfire other than the 2 originally before everything was replaced
Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 9:57 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Other causes of a misfire.

Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 10:09 PM