2001 Dodge Dakota malfunction indicator light

CARLA1844
  • 2001 DODGE DAKOTA
MLI comes on and remains on while driving. Took it in and the did a diagnostic test and said they thought it needed the fuel system serviced and new plugs. So they put 8 new platinum plugs and did a 3 step fuel injection service. I drove it for 5 miles and light came back on. They took it and reset it and light came back on. Now they are suggesting it news new fuel injector, but said to drive the truck for a while to let chemcials run through they put in. Any ideas about the problem would be appreciated. Thanks. Carla
Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 AT 7:54 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Go to autozone and have them scan it and bring the codes back here, because I dont think they are telling you everything
Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 AT 8:07 PM
LEGITIMATE007
It sounds, without knowing if you have a distributor, that you have a bad injector in cylinder one, now before doing that I would put new spark plug wires on it if you havent already.(That might have something to do with it). Please respond asap
Thursday, June 19th, 2008 AT 5:49 AM