1999 Dodge Dakota NO SPARK

MH25
  • 1999 DODGE DAKOTA
My truck started to idle rough and stall one day. When it stalled I would have to wait an hour or so for it to cool down before it would start again. I brought it to the Garage and the mechanic hooked it up to diagnostics and it said the O2 sensor was bad. I drove the truck home and parked it in my driveway. The next day it wouldnt start. I have looked at it briefly and noticed that there is no power to the coil. Can anybody help me out? Where do I look next?

I know the truck also requires a speed sensor but I am pretty sure that would have nothing to do with my spark issues
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 5:55 PM

The auto shutdown relay powers the coil's primary circuit thru the dark green and orange wire on the coil. Check for power on the coil's positive terminal if there's power, check and test the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 7:39 PM
MH25
How can I test the crand and camshaft sensor to prove they are good or bad?
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 10:34 PM
You need to check its resistances
Sunday, July 5th, 2009 AT 12:26 AM
MH25
Do you know the resistance values I should be looking for to prove them?
Sunday, July 5th, 2009 AT 5:49 AM
The next day it wouldnt start. I have looked at it briefly and noticed that there is no power to the coil.

When you said no power -did you meant no battery voltage to the coil or no spark coming out of the coil.

Try unplugging the camshaft sensor and crank engine over and see what happens

Scan the computer for code/s and comeback if there's any-
Sunday, July 5th, 2009 AT 1:03 PM
MH25
OK, I disconnected the battery to charge it over night (I drained teh batery trying to troubleshoot it) When I hooked up the battery and cranked it over it fired right up. It would idle rough. When put in gear it would stall unless I gave it some gas right away to keep the RPM above 1000. I let it idle for 10 mins and shut it off. Tried to restart it and it started fine. Then, I shut it down and tried to start 10 mins later. It wouldnt start. What is my problem now? Could this be a PCM issue?
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 11:06 AM
Verify the fuel pressure fuel pump could be failing and also test the ASD relay
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 4:32 PM