1994 Dodge Dakota

EPSAVOY
  • 1994 DODGE DAKOTA
1994 Dodge Dakota

i need detailed instructions on front bumper removal

updated2/15/10

Thank you! The instructions are very thorough, however I was hoping to get a picture or diagram. The bumper is attached but only by the side bracket arms. I need to know which front brackets to get and what they look like. It appears that they need to be shaped similar to an L bracket of some sort?
Saturday, February 13th, 2010 AT 10:04 PM

It is easier to remove it from the frame. The carrage bolts in the bumper to bumper mount, usually strip.

If you craw under the front of the vehicle, you will see a bumper support on both sides of the bumper. THere are a total of 4 bolts on each side that hold it on. Three can be removed with a box end wrench. THe 4 requires an extension and a socket. If I remember correctly, they are 15mm bolts. THe one that requires the socket with an extension is basically in the box part of the frame. There is a round hole in the frame that you place the socket through to access the bolt. Once you remove all 4 bolts from each side, the bumper and mounts will come off.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Saturday, February 13th, 2010 AT 11:27 PM
I looked everywhere for a picture of how it goes together, but was unsuccessful. I did, however, find pictures of the seperate parts. I hope this helps.

Here is a picture of the bracket. It bolts to the frame. You can see three of the bolt holes. THe actual holes that attach to the bumper are facing forward.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_bum_1.jpg

The bracket is bolted to the frame at the front of the vehicle. Now here is a picture of the bumper.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_bumm_1.jpg

You can see where the carrage bolts go through the bumper. They then go through the bracket and are bolted to it.

Let me know if this helps.

Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 10:08 PM