CAR JUMPS AND STALLS. IS IT MY OIL?

1991 Dodge Colt

brokestudent

October, 7, 2010 AT 10:42 AM

1991 Dodge Colt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

So, I let my car run really really low on oil. It stalled pulling out of a parking lot. I pushed it back and checked the oil. It was hardly even reading. So, I put two litres of oil in it. It still wouldn't go. I had it towed to a shop, but when they checked it in the morning it ran fine. Now, just a week later, it is still going, but sometimes is jumpy when driving. It lurches. It even stalled today. It feels the same as when a newbie is driving a stick shift and doesn't give it enough gas. But I've been giving it enough gas.

Also, it has been rainy and wet every time this has happened. It was doing the lurchy thing before I put oil in it as well. I don't know if the rain is a co-incidence (I'm more likely to drive when it's raining) or if something is getting wet and not working.

I'm a broke student, and I'm wondering if I trust my car to get my the two hours to Halifax this weekend. Also, what's wrong? Did I destroy it when I let it run low on oil?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

chriswilliams1

September, 18, 2012 AT 5:51 AM

I have a friend who is haing. The exact same problem. Did you ever find out anything?