2008 Dodge Charger



January, 23, 2010 AT 10:20 AM

2008 Dodge Charger Automatic

Hello.I had my car ck'd on the machine. The error code was P1004 (intake manifold air control vial performance). I'm trying to find out what exact part do I need, so I can have it fixed.

Thank you


1 Answer


Ernest Clark

March, 17, 2010 AT 11:57 PM

First, I'd need to know which engine you have. (V-8, v-6)

The proper name for the component you're referring to is " Variable Induction Control ValveAlso", but it's also called a " Short runner valve" Now, just because you got that specific code (P-1004), doesn't mean that component is defective.

This is a solenoid, that when activated by the computer, opens up an extra passage inside your intake manifold. At high engine speeds, this allows your engine to breath better, thus providing more power.

You issue could be with the solenoid, connector, wiring, or the computer itself.

You need to test each part of this system in order to find your guilty party. If you just begin replacing components, you'll soon find out the hard way that this never works.

Please login or register to post a reply.

Code Read Retrieval/Clear Honda Civic
Read Codes Like a Pro
Code Read Retrieval/Clear
Code Read Retrieval/Clear Scion XD
How to gather codes Ford Explorer