1984 Dodge Charger Truck will not start

SUPERMOMMY
  • 1984 DODGE CHARGER
I bought this Ramcharger on Sunday, and drove it 50+ miles on the freeway with no problems. My husband wanted to convert the electrical windows to manual windows, and did so without disconnecting the battery. There was a live wire in the driver's side door, and when he touched it, it sparked. Since then, the truck will not start. When you try to turn it over, all you hear is a click sound. I do not know much about mechanical trucks, but I do know that the starter is directly connected to the battery. Can you please direct me in the right direction? Thank you.
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 AT 10:04 AM

Hi:
The two circuits are seperate. So I don't think it had anything to do with the no start. If you are just getting a click, I would guess either the battery had gone dead, shorted, or the solenoid on the starter is bad. Using a volt meter, check the voltage from the battery. Also, make sure the terminals are clean and tight.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, March 6th, 2009 AT 11:03 PM