WHAT MIGHT CAUSE REPEATED BULB BREAKAGE?

Dodge Caravan

lions71

May, 25, 2007 AT 1:16 PM

Vehicle is a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, mileage approx 180,000 and engine size 3.3L v6.

A few years ago, the left front turn signal went out, upon inspection we saw that the bulb had actually broken. It was cracked around the stem. We had a new one put in but it also cracked within a day or two. Looking closely, we could see a deformation where the plastic casing had actually melted. The socket doesn't seem to fit quite right anymore, but I am able to insert a bulb and have it work for a couple of days before breaking.

I think I might need a new front light assembly (it's all one big plastic molded piece that contains headlamp and directional lamp), but at the price they go for, I really don't want to get it (yet) if there are other issues at work.

e40water12

May, 28, 2007 AT 12:19 AM

If replacement is going to be done, A used unit can be purchased at the loclal wrecking yard for cheaper price.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper