Power Door Locks

CHLAUREL
  • DODGE CARAVAN
My power door locks quit working on my 2005 Dodge Caravan. My remote key no longer locks or unlocks the doors (although the lights flash as expected). Also, none of the interior door lock buttons work. I assume it could be a fuse, however my owner's manual does not list a specific fuse for the power door locks. Any ideas?
Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 AT 3:37 PM

PAWNEEJO
I had some problem been watching yours
fount this answer I found and it worked

I disconeected the battery cable and pulled the BCM fuse and the system reset and the door locks are working fine again.
+4
Friday, June 22nd, 2007 AT 9:29 PM
CHLAUREL
Thanks pawneejo! I also got my power door locks working. I pulled and reinstalled (but did not replace) all fuses and fuse blocks (but not the relays). The locks started working after that.
+1
Tuesday, June 26th, 2007 AT 2:14 PM
ERONEYUS
Thanks, it worked for me too. Just a another problem with this pathetic excuse for a car. Has anyone else been having cronic brake problems with thier grand caravan? :(
+1
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 10:55 PM
JBLACKHAM
Thanks it worked for me as well. Power door locks died after a long trip. Took off the fuse disconnected battery reconnected battery reconnect fuse and my doors work now.
Monday, July 9th, 2007 AT 8:01 PM
RWHASH
Wow, That did the trick for me. That beats bringing it to the Dealer. Thanks for the fix!
Wednesday, July 11th, 2007 AT 3:23 PM
NSTAFF
Great to find I was not the only one with this problem! Glad someone had already found a solution too.

On my 2005, I found that just removing and replacing the 20A IOD fuse did the trick.

IOD stands for IgnitionOff Draw. Removing it is something akin to disconnecting the battery cable but, I suppose, only for the accessories, etc. That draw power when the ignition switch is off. I.E. Everything is still connected but really off. (Kind of like unplugging the TV.)

May not work for everyone but it is a lot easier than disconnecting the battery and/or yanking all the fuses.
+2
Monday, July 16th, 2007 AT 11:22 AM
GEPPETTO10
Like nsstaff said, remove and put back in place the IOD fuse. Try this before disconnecting the battery. Works for me!
+1
Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 AT 9:36 AM
MUSICALRX
I just pulled the one 20Amp fuse mentioned above, and it reset perfectly.
+1
Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 AT 9:41 PM
KIWITEX71
Thanks for info guys - but how do you stop it from happening - this is the third time in 90 days that it has happened to me.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 12:19 PM
WRECKS
I am having a problem with my 1993 Caravan. The power locks aren't working. The relay clicks when I trip the switch but no locking or unlocking. I tried the battery disconnect, didn't work. I just bought the car and the previous owner had an alarm removed from it by a friend (because she lost the remote) so I am wondering if whoever disconnected the remote somehow disconnected the power locks? How would I check this? I am not a car person but don't want to pay a fortune for a mechanic to fix this. Coming from the steering column there are two white wires (one with a red stripe) that are twisted together and a red and blue one that have been cut and go nowhere (can't tell if they are supposed to). Can anyone help? Everything works great except the power locks. Thanks.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 6:24 PM
SAMCAT
I have to reset mine about every 5th or 6th time the doors lock/unlock. I paid about $300 for a new computer chip of some sort about a month ago because only the driver door wouldn't lock/unlock and they tell me this is something else but will cost about $180 just to look at and see. What a rip off.
My Caravan is a 2005 and removing and reinserting the IOD fuse fixes this for a short time anyway.
Any ideas? :Cry:
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 9:06 PM
COACHK11
Regarding the power locks, does anyone know how to open the rear tailgate if the power locks don't unlock it or the key. I hear the motor/regulator kick in but it doesn't unlock? All other locks are working fine.

Any ideas? :Cry:[/quote:a360dcf563]
Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 8:54 AM
COACHK11
Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 9:33 AM
RTHLING
Our power locks quit working yesterday, and thanks to the advice we found here, they are working again. Thank you so much! The more problems reported, perhaps Dodge will issue a recall on this concern.
Saturday, October 13th, 2007 AT 11:11 AM
FEFUDPUCKER
Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 AT 5:59 PM