2003 Dodge Caravan Clicking noise from power distribution f

ANDY252
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
Van turns on, dies after running for 5 minutes or less, noise coming out of the distribution fuse box in the from engine compartment. Fuel pump turn on & off in a rapid motion & clicking noise from the fuse box. I take out fuel pump fuse click stops, put back on click comes back on. Eventually it after messing with fuse putting the fuse on & off it will start again for about another 5 minutes then click on & off again. If I were to insert & take off the fuse in a rapid motion it would be similar to what is happening.
Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM

Hello, have you tried swapping relays? Maybe the ac relay is the same as the fuel pump relay, count the terminals, check the text on the relays, if their the same, swap, just for testing purposes. If the relays act the same, I don't think it is the relay. Check the relay control circuits, usually 85 and 86 terminals. 85 goes hot when you turn on the key. 86 terminal is ground, during the initial prime, the computer will ground that circuit for a couple seconds, after that, no ground without rpm signal.
Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 AT 2:40 PM
ANDY252
Van turns on, dies after running for 5 minutes or less, a clicking noise coming out of the distribution fuse box By engine compartment, click stops when I pull the ignition fuse out but when inserted back click comes back on. If I let the van sit for about an hour or so it would turn back on. I think it's something related with the ignition switch or module. I'm not familiar with the electrical on vehicles.
Thursday, April 16th, 2009 AT 10:22 PM