2003 Dodge Caravan a problem

CBRYAN
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
I had a transmission flush recently. A day after my car would not go into gear. Now it is acting like it isn't in drive and then it kicks in. When I go to stop it does a clunk clunk feeling as if it is a weird downshifting. I took it into the shop (had no problems before) and hey are saying that it wasn't the flush but now it is a huge problem. Due to the change in fluid it is not as thick so that keeps it from masking the problem now. Does this sound plausable? All of this occured after a trasmission flush. Prior to that no problem at all.
Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 1:18 PM

Hi:
It could be the problem if this was the first service in a long long time, but based on your description, I think it's something else. Make sure the fluid is full with the engine hot, running, and in park. If it is, take the car to a nationally recognized parts store and have the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most stores will do it for free.

Let me know what you find.

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 1:24 PM