2003 Caravan stalls intermitantly

BILLYWINGS
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
I have a 2003 3.3 L dodge caravan that stalls or runs rough intermitantly. Weather conditions due NOT play a part. Camshaft and crankcase sensors have been replaced.A recent full engine tuneup done and fuel injectors recently cleaned at dealer. Does not stall at highway speeds. Stalls when starting up or stopped say at an intersection. Van resarts right after stalling with no problem. Engine light DOES NOT come on when van stalls. Any ideas? Mileage is 142,000 KM

For all those who answered thank you The
problem was a faulty throtle position sensor
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 4:16 PM

BRUCE HUNT
As a starting point I would check the EGR valve and the pcv.
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 4:43 PM
BILLYWINGS
I am told an EGR valve was not introduced till the 2004 model. PVc valve was replaced when tuneup done
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 5:04 PM
It has an EGR in accordance with Mitchell1- Further the EGR was introduced back in 1973 to eliminate Nox- Nitrogen Oxides which is one of the gases that EPA is concern with under the clean air act.

I recommend you check the EGR as recommended by Bruce its a typical sign of an EGR failure. To include the PCV valve-

What's happening with your problem is the fresh A/F mix is being diluted with excessive oxygen-meaning your burning more air than fuel. The mixture is unbalance.
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 6:15 PM
SERVICE WRITER
I've heard of poor in connections at the pcm harness on these for a stalling condition.

Bruce is a pretty proud guy, when he says something, you can take it to the bank that he knows if an engine has something.
Monday, October 1st, 2007 AT 8:24 PM