SE INTERIOR ILLUMINATION NOT WORKING

2001 Dodge Caravan

dramnarine

August, 12, 2007 AT 9:36 AM

I need some advise. My rear wiper/hazard control module on the dash had a broken LED. I had a guy check it out and he ended up shorting out the pads where the LED goes while the power was on. This in turn caused a spark and then the entire interior illumination lights went dead. Now the instrumentation backlights, and the rest of the center console is not lighting. I have checked all of the fuses in the box beneath the hood and all are ok. The controls on the rear wiper/hazard control module is still functional however no backlights are present. Can anyone help me?

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

legitimate007

August, 13, 2007 AT 9:19 AM

Hi, It sounded to me like your guy caused a short circuit in the body control module. This is located behind the center dash pillar. Once you locate it. It should be easy to locate the bad wire most of the time all you'll have to do is pull the bad wire and scrape the end of it with a little sand paper and put it back. Of course you'll need to disconnect your negative battery cable before you do all of this.(Allways the first step before doing anykind of vehicle work).

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Dynamat Door Installation